9/7/10

Blessing Me First!

I woke up this morning with a feeling of great excitement, anticipation and butterflies in my tummy. I gave my day to God and tried to rest in His Word and not allow the butterflies to get the best of me.


There are times when God will tell me that something good is going to happen in my day. Often times the butterflies in my tummy are for other people in my life, usually when I have been praying for someone and God is letting me know they have a break through coming. However, this time I knew it was for me! As we listen to Gods voice, we learn His heart and begin to flow with Him. I knew God was about to do something and He had me in mind!

Can you imagine my day and how it went? I had to tell my heart a few times to relax and continue my day as normal. But this was big, my heart kept telling me so.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened that morning. It was a pretty uneventful though good day. Things were falling into place.

Then, with one phone call, my days takes a turn. My Daddy was on the other end of the phone. This is how the conversation went:

Daddy~ Pumpkineater, can I get the address to your district office so I can send you a check for your Cambodia trip?

Me~ sure daddy... I give him the address..

Daddy~ We are going to send you $700! $500 for the trip and $200 for you to spend while there.

Me~ what? Daddy you don't have to send me that much!

Daddy~ I know but we want to.. If I don't bless my daughter first I have no right to bless anyone else!

I was stunned first then in tears.. Not just at the amount of money my daddy is sending but that he feels he needs to bless me first.

He blesses everyone around him. He always has. I have watched him give to others so much over the years. If he has an extra car (he does often) he will bless someone with it who needs one. He gives money to those in need when God tells him to because he believes the Word whole heartedly.

The reason this statement means so much to me is because my Daddy and I have only been restored for 7 years. You can read "Breaking Down Walls" for the background of this story. God is in the restoration business. My daddy and I are living proof of this!

I however have only asked my daddy for something one time, when I was in 11th grade. We made the volley ball nationals heading to Tenn and I was first string. I had saved all but $70 to pay for my trip. I asked my daddy for the first time if he could give me the money. His then wife said no so he said no as well. I was heart broken because his NO meant so much more to me then he understood at the time. God still provided the money I needed but I was left hurt on so many levels.

Fast forward 20 plus years.. I called my Daddy to ask for help with this trip. Though God has restored our relationship it was hard for me to ask because the emotions from 11th grade came flooding back. I didn't want to be rejected by him again. By his answer I learned that my Daddy loves me and finds me precious. How sweet his voice when he shared his thoughts for me. This statement was so much louder than the $700.

My Daddy wants to "bless me first"! I couldn't have asked for a sweeter gift from God than this one. And as far as the trip goes, I now have $1300 left to raise. Not so daunting a task since I started with $3700. God brought a scripture to my heart;

"By the God of your father who will help you, And by the Almighty who will bless you With blessings of heaven above, Blessings of the deep that lies beneath, Blessings of the breasts and of the womb." Genesis 49:25

One last thought; I just realized my daddy gave me $70 times 10. I wonder if this has crossed his heart as well?

Thank you Lord for a wonderful Daddy, who loves his daughter beyond measure. Only you can restore the broken hearted!


post signature

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Oh Cherie, this is PRICELESS!!!

Thank you for sharing with us. GOD is a Restorer and our Provider and has certainly blessed you in the restoration with your Dad and the provision HE has sent through him to you.

Love ya!

Cherie Zack said...

Thank you Mrs. Lisa. You are always an encouragement to me!
Love you :o)

Blog Design Credits


Photos by iStock Photo

Visits from my friends

  ©Blog Design by Mary Mary Quite Contrary.

  ©HTML Tweaks by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top