3/20/09

"The Praying Wives Club"

"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9

God birthed in me a ministry called "Praying Wives Club". We have been alive for more than 10 years now and this is the Testimony and foundation of our ministry!!

I gave my life to God 12 years ago. At that time Bill and I had been married 4 years. We loved the same movies and music. We are both musicians and is one of the things that brought us together..

One of the changes in me was instant... Music... God said to me, "Do you know how much music I have for you?" I thought, no... The very next day on my way to word, I started searching my radio for a Christian Station.. We were stationed in Newport News VA at the time and they didn't have anything except on the AM station.. Arghhh... The AM station had a lot of feed back and static but it was better than not having any to listen to..

The next change, how I began to see movies.. I didn't realize it at the time but I was seeing things through God's eyes.. I had given my life to him, joined his team, now he was opening his world to me and his thoughts on movies is huge.. I became frustrated about the content and don't let me get started talking about how people taking God's name in vain! I don't like it, don't want it, and couldn't believe people would say God's name in that content.. The changes in me were real and and evident by the change in my choices and Bill could see this..

Side note.. Jesus teaches us that the only unforgivable sin is to Blaspheme the Holy Spirit (Curse).. I asked God one day, why the Holy Spirit and not You or your son... God's answer showed me so much.. People speak God''s name and Jesus's name in vain and curse their names all the time, on tv, movies, books, everyday conversation.. But they don't do this to the Holy Spirit.. So many people would be lost to God, maybe even you and I if he had extended it to all three.. God's Grace for us abounds.. His thinking and Love for us overwhelmed me!!

Back to our devotion! :o) A few months latter we transferred to Jacksonville FL. While setteling into our new home I get a call and it went something like this..

Bill: Hon, we need to talk
me: sure, what's up?
Bill: I'm not happy anymore
me: why? (while my heart begins to pound so loud I can't hear myself think)
Bill: you don't like the same music I like, you don't like the same movies I like anymore.. We're on two different paths and I want a DIVORCE!!
me: Silence.................

I can't explain how I was feeling at that moment but I asked him if we could talk when he got home and hung up the phone. This was the last thing I thought I would hear!! I began to panic... Then I remembered I had Jesus.. I went right to my knees and began to pray.. I called my Pastor in VA but couldn't reach him.. I then called my best Friend Kim in Va and she answered.. I explained my situation and she had an answer..She told me to go right then to a Christian book store and buy "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian.. In all honesty I thought she was crazy.. A book can't help me.. I need prayer... She laughed and said, Cherie... This is Prayer!!!

I bought the book and began my journey. I learned that scripture is also prayers.. Prayers for me, my marriage, my children, all of my situations..And I put them into practice right away.. As you have been reading these devotions, you have already seen that we are a work in progress. Though we have come a long way, we still have work to do!! I love my Husband with all of my heart and so thankful to God that He loves my marriage even more than I do.. It was a long, long, long year of hurts and pains but in this great deep valley God took the opportunity to change me in the midst of it!! He showed me to hold on to his word and our scripture today was instrumental in keeping me where God wanted me during this trial. He is so faithful to us.. to me and my love for my husband.

I know this one is long and I appreciate you giving me the time to share with you why this ministry means so much to me.. Since that year, I have given away many of these books, prayed with countless women over their marriages and interceded for them.. God is a good and faithful God but he is also our God of Restoration. If you need restoration in your marriage, you have come to the right place... Prayer Changes Everything!!

One last thought... Praying about ALL aspects of a marriage keep the concept of divorce from gaining any hold. We mustn't neglect what seem to be minor issues, even if we don't think they are important.



Lord I come to you know and reject and rebuke any thought of Divorce over the wives reading this. Work in their hearts to stand resolved to see their marriage all you created them to be!! Only you Lord can take the word Divorce out of the hearts of these wives and husbands.. Bless them Lord and keep them in your wings just as you did me...Help them to not grow weary as they are doing good for their marriages that they may reap their due rewards.. I pray a hedge of protection around them for each day.. Help them to hold every negative word captive! Only your Word stands True and brings Truth into our hearts!! Thank you Lord for your Faithfulness to us and that every marriage is precious in Your site! In Jesus Name I pray.. Amen!!


God's blessing to each of you and your walk with HIM!!

0 comments:

Blog Design Credits


Photos by iStock Photo

Visits from my friends

  ©Blog Design by Mary Mary Quite Contrary.

  ©HTML Tweaks by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top